Friday, May 22, 2009

I'm getting old, but David's getting older!

I can't believe my baby is finished with Pre-K. He's so smart! He loved going to school and playing with all his friends. The only thing he hated about it was nap time. The funny thing was he was one of the ones that wouldn't complain to Ms. Barbara, or Ms. Michelle about having to take a nap, he would just lay down on his mat and go to sleep. He keeps asking me if he's going to his new school. I keep telling him after we move. I can't believe he's going to Kindergarten! He's getting so old.




Ms. Michelle and Caiden.




Ms. Barbara and Caiden.






While Mr. Justin wasn't one of his teachers, he was his bus driver from time to time.








Taylor's award ceremony and 5th grade recognition was Friday morning. She was in the program singing with the chorus. She did a great job! I'm so proud of her. She did great on her CRCT's as well. I can't believe she's going to be going into the Middle school.





Taylor after the ceremony.




Jaycob and Nathan both did good as well. While they aren't crossing into another school, Jaycob will be a Jr next year. This means he will be driving, and going to the prom, getting a job, and stepping into that next transition where we have to let go. It's scary to think that he'll be out in the world without us having control of where he's going, or having to take him there.




Nathan is an official TEEN now! We were trying not to move the kids from the school system they were in, but got troubling news about the system so we decided it was best to leave and go to a different system that is a better school. We're hoping this change will be good for Nathan. It's a smaller school, and it's a chance for them all to make new friends and start from scratch. Nathan did get a citizenship award from his class. We're proud of him for this.
It's just a blink of an eye and they are all grown up. Watching them grow and change, and conquering new things is heartbreaking and exciting. Exciting because they are becoming young men and a young woman and they are about to step out on their own, but heartbreaking because they are my LITTLE children and I'm not ready to let go. They are getting so old, and that means I am growing old as well.
But you know, no matter how old I get, David will always be older!

1 comment:

Tricia said...

OK old lady, what does that make ME? You can't be old until I say so b/c I am older than you! And... I AM NOT OLD!

Quotes

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Followers

 

The Ragland Bunch | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates